Front of House Supervisor - MD, Eldersburg - Job
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Unidine
Front of House Supervisor
Front of House (Diet Aide, Guest Services, Servers, etc..)
Unidine was founded in 2001 with a focus on providing high quality service and an unwavering commitment to scratch food preparation. We focus wholly on providing custom culinary experiences, featuring fresh, from scratch food production with an emphasis on health & wellness. Today, our company has a national presence, yet still dedicated to delivering a unique dining experience to every one of our clients. Along the way, we have remained true to our original mission and we continue to innovate and disrupt the industry with strategic solutions.
Every member of the Unidine team is driven to deliver the highest level of service and shares a belief that our approach to fresh food is fundamentally linked to health and wellness, human interaction, and social responsibility. From this common foundation, we deliver the best food and dining management services in the industry and exceed our customers' and clients' expectations every day, which is why we are looking for the best talent in the industry.
The Front of the House Supervisor functions as part of the management team, providing the first level of supervision for the daily provision of services including the meal and tray service process, staff supervision, and food production to quality standards, and sanitation. Major emphasis is on patient meal services, with secondary duties in other department areas.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Ensures high quality, good-tasting and well-presented foods are served to patients and staff in all areas within established time frames.
- Verifies all patients receive accurate and appropriate meal services according to their diet prescriptions.
- Reviews menu, census and other production needs to oversee and manage daily functions.
- Assists in purchasing foods and supplies within cost restraints.
- Assists in preparation of food cost reports for inpatient areas as assigned.
- Monitors staff daily to ensure all systems, protocols and quality assurance tools are utilized correctly.
- Assists in menu adjustments to meet customer preferences, seasonal variations and cost objectives.
- Visits all patient service areas daily to assess satisfaction levels. Communicates findings to management team.
- Ensures employee practices meet HACCP and infection control standards.
- Has knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Ensures employee practices comply with those standards.
- Follows the human resource policies and procedures of the facility. Treats employees with fairness and respect.
- Has input into performance appraisals and discipline of staff.
- Supervises the orientation and training of staff. May be required to present in-service training programs.
- Communicates to staff regularly, both formally and informally; holds team meetings regularly to ensure staff awareness of department activities.
- Serves as a role model for employees by maintaining standards for appearance and dress, as well as attendance and meal breaks.
- Enforces safety standards with employees. Places maintenance requests for malfunctioning equipment and removes it from use. Reports safety problems to the Management Team.
- Ensures sanitation standards are enforced daily and signs off on cleaning procedures.
- Develops strong and congenial working rapport with staff in other departments.
- Open and close the department. Demonstrates responsibility for department security.
- Completes other tasks and related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience :
- High school graduate or GED.
- Certified Dietary Manager highly preferred; 2 years significant related coursework and experience required.
- ServeSafe required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Able to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to organize workloads and meet time deadlines.
- Strong leadership and team management skill.
- Lifting objects up to 50 lbs.(50%)
- Bending, reaching and grasping (90%)
- Walking short distances (50%)
- Exposure to high noise levels (90%)
- Exposure to high heat and humidity levels (50%)
- Standing for long periods on hard surfaces (50%)
Unidine is an Equal Opportunity Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Full-Time and/or Part-Time
Front of House Supervisor
Number of Openings
About the Organization
Many Faces. One Focus.
Unidine offers just one service: the best food and dining management in the industry. We listen closely to understand the needs, the goals and the culture of each community we serve and then apply our knowledge, expertise and creativity to develop a custom dining program to meet each client's objectives.
Unidine offers food and dining management services across three business segments: senior living culinary group, healthcare culinary group, and corporate culinary group . Select the segment that applies to you and learn more about our people, our passion, and the custom dining programs that are transforming the industry.
The Unidine Approach
The Unidine approach is unique in the food service industry. We combine a passion for fresh food and culinary excellence with caring, attentive service, cutting edge systems and seasoned management to deliver dining programs that exceed our clients' expectations, delight our customers and deliver on our financial commitments.
Fresh Thinking, Culinary Excellence!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Roadrunner Transportation Systems
Career Management Services and Staffing