Sr. Global Sourcing Manager
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Workday
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is looking for a Sr. Global Sourcing Manager to lead sourcing for categories in cloud platforms and technology. This person will lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide best in class pricing, optimal flexibility, and unmatched delivery and availability performance. Over time, build a small team to support this area.
These activities include (but are not limited to) category and supplier management and will be working with internal stakeholders to develop and implement global sourcing strategies. Additionally this role will work with the stakeholders to conduct needs analysis, and will align strategic direction and expectations between the business owners and the supply base. The Sourcing Manager will develop negotiating strategies, lead project teams through the supplier selection process, and lead all pricing and contract negotiations.
In addition, this person must have a keen eye for latest trends in cloud technologies, technology platforms and industry offerings, and will investigate innovative methods to obtain the optimal value from goods and service providers. He/She will analyze cost drivers to optimize value, improve the decision making process, and increase the flow of information.
- BA/BS in technical, business or analytical discipline required
- 10-15 years experience in Technology Sourcing/Supply Chain role with experience working in new technologies and PaaS
- Deep understanding of datacenter technologies and technical infrastructure required. Working knowledge & understanding of all cloud services and infrastructure (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) a plus
- Familiarity with standard procurement concepts, practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of legal terminology / contract law with the ability to draft basic contracts and negotiate standard form contracts
- Leader with strong organizational and interpersonal skills in a managerial role
- Demonstration of critical thinking, ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement