Manager, Data Science
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Workday
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Want to join a fast paced data science team focused on applying cutting edge Machine Learning (ML) to build personalized and smart data products? Want to build data science best practices that radically improves time to market for ML products? Do you enjoy applying ML to Enterprise SaaS products? Plus, would you like the work life balance and financial stability of a market leader named in Best Companies to Work For by Fortune? The Workday ML team offers a unique opportunity with all these!
At Workday, the ML team builds ML services that power our data products across HR, Finance, Planning, Recruiting, Learning, Search, etc. We are looking for a data science leader with the ability and experience to help succeed in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. You will be leading a team of data scientists and collaborate with product and engineering teams. As a leader you will be building relationships and partnering with product and operational teams. You will be expected to navigate between complex technical topics and strategic problems to deliver business impact. If you're sharp, collaborative, resourceful, and can communicate complex ideas with ease, then we'd like to talk to you.
- Lead and mentor team of data scientists
- Work with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, marketing, finance, and operations to achieve business goals
- Develop, maintain relationships with key stakeholders to help your teams succeed
- Develop roadmaps and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Actively participate in planning, resourcing, execution with other teams
- Collaborate with other leaders and executives to build data-informed business strategy and roadmap for the team
- Communicate analysis and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Advanced Degree in a field like computer science, statistics or operational research
- 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role or equivalent
- 1-2 years management experience building and leading data science teams
- Track record of guiding teams through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships and communicating with leadership
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to drive cross-team and cross-organization initiatives forward