Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by totalride
Title: Public Transit Driver
Reports to: Operations Supervisor (directly), Operations
Manager/General Manager (Indirectly)
Functional Responsibility: Public Transit Operations (RTA-PAG)
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
Travel Required: None
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
EEOC Code: Operatives (#912)
Spending Limit: None
Contract Authority: None
Safety Sensitive: Yes
Date Prepared: February 12, 2013
Statement of Purpose: To provide safe, courteous, and on-time transportation to the general public in a variety of mass-transit vehicles; to maintain vehicle function and cleanliness.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transports customers between regularly scheduled route stops.
- Performs pre-and post-trip bus inspections.
- Cleans the bus on a daily basis.
- Follows predetermined route paddles in order to ensure on-time performance.
- Adheres to traffic regulations.
- Collects fares and issues transfers.
- Provides verbal information to the public regarding routes, schedules, and transfer points.
- Provides assistance to disabled ridership through the operation of lifts and other special devices.
- Responds to operational issues per prescribed policy.
- Performs any other duties, as deemed necessary by management or the Operations Supervisors.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- 23 years of age
- 2 years of experience operating a transit vehicle
- Valid Class B commercial driver s license (CDL) with a P (passenger) endorsement from the state of Arizona, or the ability to qualify for one during initial training
- Current Department of Transportation (DOT) medical clearance
- Current 5-year motor vehicle record (MVR) free of criminal violations and with 3 or fewer points
- Free of felony record
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to read, speak, and write effectively; ability to communicate in Spanish is desirable
- Knowledge of major streets, public places, and landmarks within the local geographic service area
- Physical strength to assist disabled persons in boarding and disembarking
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management, and the public
- Work is normally performed in a bus yard and on a bus