CNC Machinist **SIGN ON BONUS $2,000**
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by John Crane
JohnCrane () is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and predictive digitalmonitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2017 revenue was greater than 1.1 Billion USD (885m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Under minimal supervision of the Department Supervisor and Section Lead, safely perform production tasks in line with industry standards. Works in a continuous improvement mindset and actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Must be able to set up and operate one or more of the following machines: CNC multitasking machining centers, CNC multitasking lathes, CNC lathes, 3/4/5-axis CNC machining centers, CNC EDM, manual lathe, manual mill, drill press, and /or various secondary equipment with the ability to hold tolerances as close as .0005
- Work from factory work orders, routings, drawings, process drawings & layout sheets, written or verbal instructions to ensure on time delivery.
- Must be able to perform complex program edits to G-code CNC programs.
- Prepare for next work order by performing pre-set up operations i.e.; downloading and editing next program, preparing raw materials, work holding, measuring equipment, and pre-building tools while machine is in operations mode. Informing Section Lead or ME as soon as issues arise.
- Inspect work produced, including 1 st piece inspection identifying and reporting any non-conformance issues immediately. Ability to inspect using hand held measuring equipment as well as CMMs.
- Communicate with co-workers to identify problems, provide feedback, and work on solutions.
- Identify potential Continuous Improvement (CI) opportunities and actively participate as a team member for Kaizen, SMED, and other lean activities.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics in order to achieve campus FEIs.
- Utilize knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials such as stainless steels, duplex stainless steels, Monels, Hastelloys and other nickel alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, etc.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by maintenance and ME groups and immediately reporting equipment failures and inconsistencies.
- Train and instruct other employees when requested.
- Accurately complete all necessary documentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What We Need From You:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year trade school or industry related courses, and 3 years on the job experience.
- Must be able to able to read blueprints and use measuring instruments.
- Ability to do simple to complex mathematical equations in a technical manner.
- Ability to pass background and drug screening.
Our interview process will consist of a phone screen, and an onsite interview with the team. From there the team will make a hiring determination and will contact you with our decision within 48 hours of your interview.
Sign-On Bonus to be paid after 90-day of successful employment (less all applicable taxes).
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office. shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Companys goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the companys environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
Work environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floor
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance Plan
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site nurse free to all John Crane employees
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Contribution to Retirement Account
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Additional Training Provided
- Exposure to New Technology
- Clean/Bright Manufacturing Facility
- Fast-paced Work Environment
- Onsite Food Vendor
- Onsite and Offsite Employee Activities
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Weekly Paycheck
- Advancement Opportunities
- Salary Based on Experience Level (Plus $1.00 for 2nd shift differential)
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: automated machinery, cad, cnc, cnc fabricating, cnc machining, computer aided manufacturing, computer aided design, computerized numerical control, machine operator, precision