Sr. Director, Internal Audit- Dollar General
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Dollar General
Responsible for providing an internal audit program that measures, evaluates, and recommends changes in financial and managerial controls as required to protect assets, prevent fraud, and maximize operational efficiency.
- Develops audit strategy and implements an audit program that measures, evaluates and recommends changes in financial and managerial controls.
- Works under the direction of the Audit Committee of the Board to develop an annual audit plan and reports on that plan at each meeting of the committee.
- Supervise audit department to ensure audit plan is implemented in accordance with Audit Committee direction.
- Significant effect on company financial performance and long-term strategies; manages multiple long-term, inter-organizational projects
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar General s mission & values.
- Demonstrated strong financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret financial statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, etc.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, the ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and demonstrated flexibility/adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense control, and managing key initiatives effectively.
- Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives in a participative management style.
- Requires 7+ solid years of audit experience. Bachelor's degree required and graduate degree preferred. Previous retail audit experience in a senior role or management experience in a Big 5 Accounting firm with retail client experience required. CPA required/CIA preferred.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.