Security and Parking Manager
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Six Flags
Lead and manage Security and Parking operations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Security and Parking Departments.
- Provide a secure environment on a 160-acre site operating twenty-four hours a day.
- Oversee and assist officers with crime related incidents.
- Oversee the interviewing, selection, and training of employees of both departments.
- Coach and discipline employees as needed.
- Oversee the scheduling of employees, determining the numbers needed for shifts and special events.
- Review all log sheets and reports, discussing any problems with department heads. Take action as needed.
- Serve as the liaison between city, county, and state law enforcement agencies. Schedule and coordinate policing services.
- Provide assistance to city or county law enforcement officials as needed when responding to emergency calls.
- Work closely with all park departments to ensure the safe and secure operation of the park.
- Continually review alarms, security, and emergency protocols.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets.
- Assists with escaped animal procedures as directed.
- Assist Loss prevention as needed.
- Review timekeeping for payroll.
- Enforce security procedures for protection of company and employee property.
- Comply with all corporate safety and health standards; and the policies and practices of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
- Other duties as requested.
- Possess or be qualified to obtain a California Guard Card or Proprietary Security Officer Card
- Must be available Days, Evenings, Overnights (Graveyard), Weekends, and Holidays
- Must have a valid California Driver's License
- Must possess the physical and mental abilities to respond to situations quickly
- Must have ability to work indoors and outdoors and in all weather conditions
- Must have the ability to stand, walk and run for periods of time, as well as bend, squat, kneel and stoop when needed
- Must be able to read, write and clearly speak English
- Must be comfortable working with and interacting with guests
- Must have ability to conduct interviews and write reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access is beneficial
- Prior management experience in security related field preferred.
- Prior experience in CPR and First Aid required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the criminal justice code through either prior experience or education.
- Must possess a High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be age 18 or older
Associated topics: alarm, countermeasure, protect, protection, public safety, school, security, surveillance, university, watchman