Security Site Supervisor (7603)
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by U.S. Security Associates
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
Thank you for your interest in working with U.S. Security Associates, Inc. (USA). Before taking the time to complete the application and interview process, we request that you read the following information so you will have a clear understanding of what USA requires of all security officers, as well as what your duties would include if you were hired.
Everyone USA hires must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be able to obtain a Local or State Guard Card (where applicable). This includes having a criminal background evaluation, being able to show valid identification, and be able to pay the State Security License fee that is required. Some clients may require specific pre-employment background checks and/or annual background checks. USA does not make the decisions regarding issuing security licenses.
- Be at least 18 years of age (21 for some positions)
- Have a reliable means of communication (i.e. home phone, cell phone)
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Effectively speak, read and write English
- Must comply with USA appearance standards:
- Your hair must be neatly cut and groomed. Hair will be cut short enough or styled sufficiently to prevent it from standing out when the uniform cap or hat is worn or from extending below the top of the shirt or jacket collar.
- Refrain from wearing earrings, necklaces or jewelry worn in the nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues, or other extremities by men or women while on duty.
- Your face must be clean-shaven except that neatly trimmed mustaches may be worn unless there is a client requirement prohibiting them (such as interfering with the wearing of special safety masks, etc.). Reasonable accommodation based on race, religious belief or for disability will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All uniformed security officers must furnish their own black shoes (plain toed, suitable for wearing with a uniform) and furnish their own black socks. All shoes must be maintained in good condition.
- Be able to work overtime and on various shifts as needed; including weekends and holidays. Reasonable accommodation based on religious beliefs or disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be able to maintain accurate records
- Effectively comprehend numerous policies, procedures, and concepts in order to respond appropriately to various situations
- Communicate effectively with others
- Walk up and down stairs
- Stand for long periods of time sometimes in excess of eight hours
- Work outside in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment
USA thrives on our security guards being customer service oriented to ensure that we exceed our clients' expectations. Satisfied clients are the reason for our existence. It is up to each and every security guard to ensure that our clients are pleased with the service they receive.
The Site Supervisor performs on-site quality assurance inspections of customer locations to ensure quality customer service level expectations are met by Security Officers. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct on-site quality assurance inspections as directed by branch management.
- Maintain consistent management practices that promote low turnover, Non Billable Overtime, and excellent service to our customer.
- Maintain a proper and sustained documentation process of all disciplinary actions, incidents, and overall daily activity will be practiced.
- Maintain correct documentation with DAR s and Incident Reports.
- Maintain an active and consistent communication pipeline with the client. This includes officer discipline and incident reporting with respect to the client site location.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 1 year of security experience is required.
- Must have a valid state security officer license, if applicable.
- Must have a valid driver s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must have the ability to train employees to perform tasks.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft XP, Office, and Excel. AS400 experience a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced working environment.
- He/she must be customer service oriented.
- The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
- He/she must embody U.S. Security Associates values as a highly visible representative of the branch and set high standards for him/her and others.
- The successful candidate will be capable of prioritizing tasks and setting priorities during the work shift.
Position based at the branch or client sites. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will employment relationship.
Associated topics: alarm, explosive detection, protect, protection, public safety, safety officer, school, secure, surveillance, unarmed