SECURITY OFFICER (7233)
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by U.S. Security Associates
Thank you for considering U.S. Security Associates, an Allied Universal Company as your employer of choice!
Summary: Under direct supervision, patrols assigned area to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Controls and monitors access ingress and egress out of assigned site and monitors burglar and fire alarm systems as required.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports and notifications to offsite security director.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must possess guard card/security license according to state requirements
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and MVR (if applicable)
- Reading/writing fluently in English
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will employment relationship.
CA PPO #10116
\"US Security Associates Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.\"
Associated topics: casino, loss prevention, metal detection, patrol officer, protect, protection, school, surveillance, tsa, unarmed