Food Service - Host or Hostess (6347)
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Sodexo
The Healthcare Host/Hostess is responsible for effectively communicating with patients, staff and guests of the hospital to ensure accuracy and timelines of patient meal trays and floor stock. Major responsibility includes delivering meal carts to patient units, aiding in the meal set-up at bedside, discarding of soiled trays, taking inventory of nourishment area, stocking the nourishment area and accurately operating technical equipment. The Healthcare Host/Hostess will be responsible for sanitation activities, including dishware, equipment cleaning and janitorial tasks. In addition, they will be responsible for cashiering in the cafeteria. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Delivers carts to the correct floor or patient area.
- Serves trays to patients and determines if they need anything else.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- Collects trays and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Records the amount and type of special food items served to patients.
- Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
- May take orders in an Expressly For You (EFY) environment.
- May assemble and deliver patient trays in an EFY environment.
- Replenish floor stock.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 0 to 1 year related work experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism andrespect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors,managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus,with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.