Recruiting Assistant (Logistics/Transportation)
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Penske
The Logistics Recruiting Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Penske staffing team with finding and interviewing candidates for various logistics roles.
In this hourly role, the recruiting assistant will primarily support processes around candidate sourcing, application screening, and process expediting. Source candidates using company and external resume databases. Upon finding candidates, the staffing assistant will contacting candidates via phone and email to inform them of the position, conduct a brief phone screening, and direct and assure they formally apply to the Penske job opening.
- Upon direction from a member of Penske's Staffing team, search for new candidates matching the provided job description.
- May assist recruiter, and driver recruiting specialist, in posting jobs via job boards, college career sites, and state workforce sites.
- Screens resumes from databases and applications from Penske's Taleo system to identify candidates meeting minimum qualifications.
- May conduct brief phone screening conversations.
- May schedule candidate interviews with hiring managers and/or driver recruiting assistants.
- Maintains accurate records on applicant status and provides timely responses to all applicants
- May assist in providing offer letters and initiating/communicating the background screening process for selected candidates.
- May support company-wide driver recruiting programs (800# contacts, daily email requests, CDL driver email box, and external email campaigns)
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.