Human Resources Manager 3
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo Schools is seeking an in unit Human Resources Manager for its School Services segment at Springfield Public Schools in Springfield, MA. This Human Resource Manager will provide on-site support to the General Manager and unit managers with all HR issues in this large urban school district with 350 union employees feeding students in over 60 sites.
The best qualified candidate will:
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs, and policies and procedures in accordance with Sodexo policy.
- Educate managers and employees on HR policies, plans, programs, practices, processes, and tools.
- Assist with resolving employee issues that require special handling and recommend appropriate resolutions, including policy exceptions, where appropriate.
- Assist in the administration and support of HR programs.
- Serve as a strategic resource for operations to positively impact the business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, processes, and tools based on financial and legal exposure.
- Develop measurement and feedback mechanisms to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of HR plans, programs, processes, and tools.
- Oversee fact-finding investigation activities related to internal and external inquiries, complaints, and concerns and prescribe appropriate remedy to resolve complaint or concern.
- Apply their knowledge and experience in collective bargaining, employment law, compensation, organizational planning and development, recruitment, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Provide full cycle recruitment of job postings, phone screening, offers, background checks, employee on-boarding .
- Executes weekly payroll, vacation and sick leave. Monitors employee time and attendance, labor tracking and data collection using KRONOS automated time tracking software.
- Proficient in all MS Office products
The ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.