Area Director of Operations
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
SUMMARY: The Area Director of Operations will report to the VP of Operations and work in conjunction with all departments to enhance overall production, quality, and business systems and processes. will have one 1 Production Mgr, 8 supervisors and 200 people under them.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Promoting and implementing values, work ethic, and team concept approach
* Developing and enforcing SOPs (standard operating procedures), and GMPs (Good Manufacturing practiceswhich are compliant with SQF and HACCP
* Developing and coordinating production scheduling to meet forecasting requirements
* Developing and maintaining a production forecast to minimize labor, material and overhead costs
* Understanding and calculating proper inventory levels to meet customer demand
* Developing and understanding budgets and product costs
* Understanding and utilizing ERP system
* Reviewing and setting measurable goals and expectations for production and production staff of approximately 150 employees.
* Developing and maintaining effective training programs
* Conducting monthly staff meetings
* Making fact based decisions based on collected data and history
* Promotingsafety culture
* Understanding of USDA and FDA guideline
* Understanding of SQF requirements and HACCP related systems
* Aware of any safety issues and addressing them accordingly
* Staffing Levels Know if we are short/long
* Review Schedule On schedule/ahead/behind, adjust accordingly
* NCPs Be aware of all NCPs and investigating Production responsibilities to close them
* Look for trends and address accordingly
* Review Production Supervisor paperwork errors
* Review Maintenance needs for planned downtime
* Review run rates by run and by shift
* Look for trends and any staffing or training needs
* Review cleanup, changeover, startup paperwork and track
* Review yield Look for where and whymay be gaining/losing inventory
* Review Expired/Expiry reports
* Review QR/QC reports delegate necessary work to rework crews
* Review forecast
* Review any projects including equipment or process changes
* Workforce management follow up with Supervisors on employee status on shifts, ex. Training, attendance, etc.
* Attend or lead pertinent meetings
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum Bachelor Degree.
* Minimum 5 years operations experience in food processing and industrial environment.
* Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with technical knowledge of production flow in a food manufacturing environment.
* Minimum 5 years experience with food processing equipment knowledge..
* Demonstrated project management skills for complex projects.
* Negotiation skills.
* Efficient in all computer desktop skills to include, excel, word and power point.
Health & Medicine Policy Research Group
Health Care Service Corporation