vBlock Support Engineer III
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Software Guidance & Assistance
Individuals in the vBlock support role are responsible for testing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing the virtual infrastructure in accordance with standards, security policies and guidelines. vBlock Support Engineers typically span VMware products and related infrastructure including: ESXi, vSphere, VMware SRM, Cisco UCS and storage systems. Additional functions and processes include service and product management, performance and capacity management, patching and version management, and Level 3 operations support.
- Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Provides project cost/time estimates.
- Identifies and communicates how IT infrastructure solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-range business goals.
- Supports the prioritization of requirements and helps match resources with requirements.
- Works with analysts, architecture, and stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Leads the evaluation of technical requirements for projects to determine the impact to the infrastructure including equipment redundancy and capacity requirements.
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of system business solutions.
- Identifies requirements gaps or issues.
- Must have experience in VBlock systems
- Must have experience and knowledge of Cisco UCS (needs to be able to explain how it works)
- Must have experience in Windows environment
The Home Depot
Envision Physician Services