Senior Java/Cloud Developer
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Software Guidance & Assistance
- The focus of this role is to realize business and technical requirements through the application of Software Implementation Lifecycle tasks
- This is a hand on role with 85+% of work time focus on programming including, but not limited to, design, code, documentation, test and supporting activities.
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state of the art, next generation distributed systems which are cloud-based, streaming, reactive, and event-driven
- Build Micro-service oriented systems
- Develop and deploy distributed and streaming applications using Open Source frameworks
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to ensure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Evangelize technology and architecture patterns across the firm
- Positions available from Software professionals with a focus on in front-end, back-end, middleware, transactional and database skill sets and experience.
- As an Enterprise Cloud Developer you will work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to define, program, test and deliver business application software and Middleware software solutions using AWS Infrastructure and Platform as a Service Public Cloud using Agile methodology.
- You will engage in direct application development activities (programming: design, code, test) supporting agile teams toward the rapid adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- As an Enterprise Cloud Developer you will possesses and maintain deep knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms, tools and techniques. You will engage other teams with compelling ideas, designs, presentations, and discussions to help generate adoption of IaaS/PaaS Cloud.
- Multiple year s application development experience with Enterprise Java
- 5+ years hands on experience with Enterprise Linux
- 2+ years hands on experience with AWS (AWS Certification is a plus.) or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
- Application development Developer with prior hands-on development/integration skills and 5 to 10 years of overall IT experience supporting the managed accounts business
- Java 8 - Expert-level implementation skills with Java and J2EE.
- Spring Boot - implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring Security.
- TDD/BDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing
- Solid understanding of the Maven and Jenkins build system
- Experience defining REST APIs and implementing RESTful services
- Direct experience implementing business application software and/or Middleware software on a public cloud platform (AWS preferred).
- Implementation of Cloud DevOps solutions is not a surrogate for business application development experience
- Experience working with (not building) CI/CD and DevOps tools
- In depth knowledge of the commercial cloud computing platforms, its many services and dimensions of scalability