Application Development Scientist (Pharmaceuticals)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Salary Range: up to $100,000.00
Degree/Major Required: BS Science, Chemistry, Microbiology
global Health and Nutrition Company is seeking an Applications
Development Scientist to execute laboratory and pilot scale projects
related to the hiring companys products in the pharmaceutical market.
You will become the in-house expert in how customers use their products.
This person will travel to customer locations and assist with customer
scale up trials and provide applications support for the product line.
application development projects to support customers in the
pharmaceutical and allied markets (OTC, nutraceutical). The purpose of
the work will be to demonstrate the utility of company's products and
assist customers in formulation and scale up of new products.
* Develop technical application data to support commercial / regulatory strategy for the Business Platform.
* Communicate the functionality and technical benefits of our ingredients in support of defined commercial strategy.
* Work with other R&D team members on new product development projects.
a professional, high level of service and technical support to internal
and external customers in regards to compounding and technical
application of manufacturing technologies and solid dosage form
* Develop an understanding of the manufacturing technologies to optimize the solid dosage form performance.
* BS in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Material Science or related discipline; Advanced degree (Masters/Ph.D.) degree a plus.
least 3 years experience in an R&D or Application Development role
in the Pharmaceutical or allied industry (OTC, nutraceutical,
* Demonstrated knowledge of oral solid dose development required
* While the pharma aspect is highly preferred, experience with oral solid dosage development is a must
* Should have an understanding of compounding and solid dosage formulation.
* Should be open to approximately 30% travel.