Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Consumer products manufacturer of personal haircare products located in Elgin, IL recently expanded and is looking for a top notch Maintenance Supervisor.
* This client has been in business for 75 years, offers great benefits, growth potential and stability
* Relocation assistance is not provided nor is sponsorship available
* Provide leadership for the maintenance team, plan maintenance projects, troubleshoot equipment issues and serve as a resource for maintenance employees
* Accountable to ensure that the ongoing planning and scheduling of maintenance activities on 3rd shift are effectively executed in a cost-efficient manner.
* Assist in continuous improvement projects and to maintainand implement preventative maintenance system.
* Maintain preventive and predictive maintenance procedures on mixing/ blending/ processing and/or packaging equipment
* Oversee the completion of identified projects, manage work order and direct employees to troubleshoot equipment as necessary
* Coach and develop maintenance teams in preventive/predictive maintenance principles and concepts
* Develop, maintain and administer safety programs
* Investigate and assign resources to maintenance needs as required to support operations
* Ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner and ensure cost effective employee performance in the work completed
* Develop and maintain adherence to the operating units maintenance budgets
* Learn and utilize the principles of Total Productive Manufacturing, (TPM) including the accountability for failure and countermeasure activity as defined by the plant.
* High school diploma required. Prefer trade school, Associates and/or college degree in related maintenance field.
* 3+ years of maintenance supervision experience
* Must have experience working in a manufacturing setting, preferably in the foods, consumer products or related industry
* 2+ years of mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting experience. Able to troubleshoot any of the following is preferred: motors, pumps, high speed packaging equipment, robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, 480 volts, VFDs, PLCs, etc.
* Experience managing electrical and mechanical technicians
* Excellent leadership skills, able to be self-motivated and manage multiple areas in a large facility on 3rd shift
* Excellent communication skills and able to think on your feet to quickly solve problems