Retail Group Sales Manager- Hardlines
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Cabela's Inc.
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela's has an opening for a General Sales Manager for our Hardlines Departments at our Avon, OH retail store
Supervises one or more of the Sales Departments within the store to include merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff selection and development and customer service activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers. Resolves customer and associate issues.
- Meet or exceed all financial plans as set by the Company
- Execute all Sales plans as directed by the Company
- Opens and Closes the Store
- Has "Manager on Duty" responsibilities
- Maintain planograms as set by the Corporate Office
- Staff the Departments with "service" oriented associates; participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment
- Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 4+ years previous retail experience required.
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, and data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.