Site Reliability Engineer SRE
Posted on Jun 9, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineer. Candidate will be providing operational support for the products to meet SLOs and SLAs.
- Working closely with development teams to implement and improve SLIs and SLOs for their services.
- Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, infrastructure improvements and software changes to address top operational issues.
- Exerting technical influence to shape the implementation of products and establishing strong operational readiness across teams.
- Utilizing hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- Diagnosing complex problems, developing metrics to measure them, and implementing monitoring solutions to manage them.
- Building automation and systems to maintain software and hardware life cycle management.
- Using your programming experience to reduce toil.
- 5+ years in a Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or Infrastructure focused role
- Passion for designing and building reliable systems
- Automation advocate - Have an automation first approach
- Experience with deploying, supporting, and monitoring new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks
- Strong experience supporting customer-facing applications on Windows/Linux platforms.
- Monitoring experience leveraging Splunk, ExtraHop, Prometheus, etc
- Strong fundamental understanding of Networking and Security
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTPS).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to share your knowledge, teach what you know, and learn new ways of doing things from your team.
- Demonstrated experience building or maintaining highly available systems at scale.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines that support a SaaS product.
- Experience with capacity planning practices or methodologies.