Sr Dir, APLA Digital Partnerships
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world - from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan - Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike's success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
Nike Direct is creating the world's most innovative, authentic and connected sport & fitness ecosystem to help all athletes unleash their true potential (and if you have a body, you're an athlete). Nike Direct continues to lead this emerging nexus of sport, commerce, and digitally enabled products, experiences and services. This includes Nike Retail Stores, Nike.com & Nike Apps (SNKRS, Nike Running Club, Nike Training Club & Nike app). The APLA (Asia Pacific & Latin America) Digital Partnerships team helps amplify, scale, accelerate, and complement Nike Direct, by identifying and executing both global & geography specific Digital Platform, Membership, and New Commerce (Social Commerce & 3 rd Party Digital Marketplaces) partnerships, and collaborating on the strategic vision for the future of Nike.
As the Sr. Director APLA Digital Partnerships, you will be responsible for creating, executing, and optimizing the overall digital partnerships strategy for Nike within Asia Pacific & Latin America. You will build and manage key relationships throughout the external digital industry and also with internal Nike cross-functional categories and departments. You will need to influence multiple stakeholders for the partnerships and projects of your team and mandate.
To do this job, you will need a unique combination of attributes. You have a passion for and good understanding of the digital platform/services landscape within APLA. You have significant experience in multiple disciplines, including business development, partner and people/team management, operations, and strategy. You have the ability to see the big picture and the personality to roll up your sleeves and do the work. Similarly, you have experience building momentum and aligning multiple constituencies within large organizations, and a credibility with and understanding of the startup and venture capital communities. You are capable of defining a vision, marshaling resources, executing on an initiative and presenting the results to Nike's Senior Executive Leadership. You will be a self - starter, have strong capabilities in managing a team, and strong influence skills across teams. You thrive and find advantage in ambiguous environments, and love dynamicism and change. You are also patient, a good operator, and understand how large organizations move forward and know how to capitalize on opportunities whenever they are presented.
Are you in?
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 10+ years' experience executing, leading and managing partnerships (e.g. Apple, Amazon, Kakao, LINE, Gmarket, etc.), innovation initiatives and assessing new business models within the digital, sport, and/or retail industries.
- Experience working at a relationship-based company with a large Brand and deep experience influencing constituent groups across complex organizations.
- Passion for identifying emerging trends in the digital space and leading innovation
- Strong executive presence and executive communications skills
- Drive adoption and implementation of partnership strategies across various relevant Nike stakeholders.
- Background and skillset to manage complex initiatives from start to finish
- Exceptional networking, relationship building and partnership and people management skills
- Experience managing projects across people, teams and outside vendors/agencies.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal, consensus-building skills, with ability to communicate and achieve results across multiple audiences in complex organizational structure
- Fluent in Keynote/PowerPoint/MS Word Suite
- Fluent in English & proficient in one additional language (e.g. Spanish, Korean, Japanese, etc.)
- MBA preferred