Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by New Balance
The Plant Accountant is responsible for New Balance factory's financial activities and reporting. These duties include performing all accounting and month-end closing activities inclusive of analyzing & publishing results, setting product standards, driving the development of budgets and forecasts. This individual will be responsible for safeguarding the assets of the Factory including material movement, conducting Physical Inventories on both Material and Capital assets, and performing interim cycle counts. This position will provide analytical financial business support to the Factory Manager and their operation team.
- Complete monthly close activities according to close calendar and book all journal entries to the general ledger for all transactions impacting the factory.
- Act as the financial representative for the facility. Interact with all phases of operations to ensure proper financial representation is incorporated into all business decisions. The Plant Accountant must integrate with operations and understand the day to day workings within the factory.
- Act as business partner to Plant Manager. Keep Plant Manager informed of the budgets, results, forecast and any other financial analysis and be prepared to present this information. Ensure that Plant Manager is kept informed in order to make proper business decisions.
- Analyze monthly results and complete all required reporting activities. Duties include preparing the monthly Factory Financial Package and all other reporting needs as required. Attendance at all monthly Factory Financial review is mandatory.
- Drive the annual budget process within the Factory. Based on information required, work with Operations, IE, Scheduling etc. to develop the annual budget and budget package.
- Set Product Standards for styles manufactured in their facility.
- Provide Forecast updates as needed and review performance to forecast.
- Review CARs and provide financial justification for capital requests. Control capital assets including taking physical inventories when required.
- Control Inventory by ensuring systems and business controls are in place to capture material usage, material movement and maintain accurate inventory. Plan quarterly physical inventories and reconcile results. Perform interim cycle counts to ensure inventory integrity.
- Provide Cost Analysis to support both the financial and operations to drive cost reduction/improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required. MBA, CMA desired but not required.
- 5+ years related Accounting experience
- In-depth Cost Accounting knowledge is required.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Communication skills are essential; with specific ability to manage up and influence effectively.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.