Asst Store Mgr- Operations
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Pga Tour Superstore
- Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in management, sales and associate development preferred.
- Physical Requirements: The Operations Manager must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move around the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Other: The Operations Manager must be able to accommodate a typical retail schedule, work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays.
OVERALL FUNCTION OF THIS POSITION:
The Assistant Store Manager - Operations ensures that store operations and service programs are consistently implemented and processes and procedures are executed. They ensure that all service programs are providing a high level of customer satisfaction and through controlling expenses that are related to operations. They manage the Services Supervisor to ensure execution of the priorities to drive sales in services. They ensure operational procedures are in place to minimize inventory shrinkage by managing the Front End and Receiving associates and area. The Assistant Store Manager - Operations models the PGA TOUR Superstore core values of cultivating our customers and developing our associates. They utilize strong business acumen and retail knowledge to formulate goals, develop objectives, and lead a team of associates to execute tasks.
The Assistant Store Manager - Operations supports the General Manager in all aspects of store operations and ensures that the PGA TOUR Superstore experience is provided to all customers. The Assistant Store Manager - Operations ensures:
• Store service programs are executed to provide a consistent level of excellent service.
• Scheduling needs are addressed to ensure trained and qualified associates are available at key times in all areas.
• Inventory integrity is maintained by reviewing key reports, monitoring front end associates and issues, and making inventory adjustments as needed.
• All departments are prepared for the physical inventory process, all merchandise is properly counted, and reports are properly completed and sent to Accounting.
• Operational directives are communicated and completed by their assigned deadlines.
• All procedures and processes on the Front End and Back End of the store are implemented, and that other managers resolve paperwork issues in their respective areas. Supervise Front End and Back End associates to proper execution of processes.
• The store event calendar is maintained and communicated to all associates (with the General Manager).
• All associate recruiting, hiring, coaching, counseling, training, and performance evaluations are executed following company guidelines.
• Associates participating in potentially terminable offenses are suspended pending investigation by the General Manager.
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills and communicate cross-functionally. Candidates must communicate expectations and instructions to associates.
- Analytical: Candidates must have strong strategic skills, be able to forecast business needs, and develop comprehensive solutions to complex problems. They must identify opportunities and develop solutions to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives.
PGA Tour Superstore is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.
Puma North America Inc.