Company Sr Product Line Mgr Footwear
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
- Develop product category road map/strategy on a global level by conducting, analyzing and interpreting global market trends and consumer research.
- Create and implement category product line strategies which include line structuring, pricing, product flow, product segmentation and product differentiation as well as go to market strategy.
- Act as category team leader and develop a collaborative working environment within the product creation teams across design, development, innovation and liaison office.
- Research, conceive, and create new product ideas and initiatives. This includes developing and managing these ideas through the product process from the conceptual stage, design creation, development, launch and market rollout.
- Write seasonal product briefs in accordance with brand, department and category strategy.
- Ensure seamless interaction is established to deliver a product line that is designed, developed and manufactured to meet product requirements, market needs, margin goals and calendar timelines.
- Present category strategy, designs, prototype concepts and product samples to key retailers, adoption meetings and internal stakeholders in order to develop and refine new product line offerings. Present category strategy and final product to global sales meeting attendees in order to drive seasonal initiatives and grow the footwear business. Required to present assigned category product lines to sales force and internal departments.
- Ensure that product timelines are met and that merchandising information is provided to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, merchandising staff, all other internal departments and outside suppliers in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- 8+ years of experience in product line management and/or retail buying with 5 years focused experience in footwear product line management in the outdoor, fashion, athletic and/or action sports industry.
- Possess strong understanding of sales, distribution and merchandising. Successful candidate will be retail savvy and have an affinity for key account partners.
- Possess a strong understanding within the footwear and outdoor industry of the consumer, retail environment and competitive marketplace.
- Thorough knowledge of PC and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Position requires domestic and international travel
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age