QA It Mgr - Supply Chain Enablement Functions Tech
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a Quality Assurance Manager - SCEF, your role on the team will include managing QM engineers while driving compliance across multiple initiatives. You will serve as an escalation point for issue resolution and risk mitigation. You will also work with cross functional team members to ensure test interdependencies amongst multiple initiatives are resolved in various areas of NIKE, Inc.'s Product Creation business. Finally, you will be challenged with monitoring defect trends and identifying areas for improvements.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted: Masters + 4 years or Associates degree and minimum of 6 years' relevant work experience. The tasks associated with the position entail the following:
- Manages a team of FTEs, and contingent contractors based on the current portfolio size
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Provides the processes and tools required for product teams to deliver testing that is timely, appropriately scaled to the risk of change (in conjunction with Release/Change leadership), and compliant with governing processes. With the team's help, this includes:
- Ownership and management of Enterprise testing tools
- Development of SOX controls, or processes to maintain compliance with SOX controls. Participates in annual audits.
- Development of BI reporting/metrics
- Providing trained test leads to portfolio-level efforts with significant testing footprints; will also provide test leads as a shared service to products.
- Providing training to product teams as requested, on processes or tools
- Manages QA outage processes and communications
- Owns the global execution of the geo-defined regression suite, across all four Geos plus Trading Company, multiple times per year
- Owns the continuous improvement process that ties production incidents back to testing opportunities for the future
- Defines and owns the processes that facilitate defect triage crossing multiple products, or that are detected by testers outside of a product model or technology team
- Within the SAFe model, this team owns the Compliance function.
- Is the primary point of contact for Technology on large-scale coordination of testing efforts between Technology and NDe
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate information and technical concepts to a wide variety of non-technical team members
- Experience interfacing with and presenting to business representatives and leaders
- Understanding of industry trends; ability to recognize potential risks and benefits to Nike
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including the ability to motivate and mentor team members
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation