Transmission Operator II
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports Group is looking for a seasoned Transmission Operator to Monitor and maintain Broadcast feeds and Operations at their Stamford Studio location. The Transmission Operator II is a public facing representative of NBC Sports with communication and coordination with multiple department within the company and outside providers. This includes fiber providers, technology vendors and internal and external clients. This position is responsible for acquiring and transporting contribution based content as well as small project based assignments within the department. A Transmission Operator is responsible for the quality control of NBC Sports Group and business partners. The candidate for this position will have knowledge of these technologies: fiber, compression equipment and test gear, video, audio, and IP. Performance of this position must be accurate, efficient and with a professional demeanor to uphold the NBC Sports standards.
- Responsible for transmission coordination and check-in for high profile sporting events based off companywide scheduling system
- Responsible for troubleshooting and monitoring of on-air video and audio signals, satellite transmissions and multiplexed signals for multiple broadcast streams.
- Interfaces with the Operations and Production departments to ensure the utmost quality for all their transmission and routing needs.
- Interacts with transmission carriers to resolve issues, escalations, maintenance, and overall performance.
- Establishing standard operation procedures for all transmission technologies activities which include: audio/video and communications check-in and QC process for remotes, outgoing transmission activity, and ingest.
- Provides quality control and support to all department in need of feeds assistance.
- Partner with engineering teams to troubleshoot higher level problems.
- Assist in equipment testing and configuration as needed.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
World Wrestling Entertainment
NBC Sports Group