Director Of Supplier Diversity
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s relentless pursuit of product innovation and sustainable growth demands bold new ways of doing business - including supplier engagement. Stretching far beyond conventional sourcing, Nike Procurement secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. The team maximizes the value and reach of the company's investments in external resources, including product materials, marketing services, digital tools, temporary labor, high-tech manufacturing equipment and other products and services to fuel business growth and sustainability.
As Director of Supplier Diversity you will be responsible for envisioning, building, implementing, and leading the future of Supplier Diversity for NIKE. You will provide the strategy, communication, performance management, and all necessary tools, resources, and support to teams across the globe. You will galvanize work across a cross-functional group to ensure that we develop and manage an industry leading Supplier Diversity program to truly impact the communities we work in and serve. We will continue to build a more diverse network of suppliers with a strong retention program and a culture of clarity, improvement and results. As our business grows and evolves, we are looking for new innovative suppliers, deeper and more meaningful relationships with existing suppliers, and managing an incredibly diverse, world-class supply base that helps both Nike and the supplier meet our ambitious goals. We need you to help us vision, influence, build and drive this incredibly exciting and critical program.
- Define, build, roll out and manage a supplier diversity program across Nike globally
- Partner cross functionally to determine roles and responsibilities surrounding program
- Develop a data collection strategy that is global and in adherence with local regulations partnering with sourcing, procurement operations, legal and spend analytics
- Partner with other companies that share this vision to ensure we move further faster
- Manage communication and transition management around program
- Create impact and key results to define success and gain organizational buy-in
- Work in partnership with other supplier management efforts; specifically, around, technology, risk screening, data information, spend analytics, and roles and responsibilities around Source to Pay activities
- Lead a cross functional team that drives governance across stakeholders
- Build tools, resources, and a support model to ensure the organization is successful in the strategy
- Drive alignment across the global organization and manage internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with NIKE's Chief Diversity Office to ensure connection into larger strategy and vision around diversity
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Supplier Diversity, Supplier Management and/or Procurement Experience managing people and a desire to be a strong manager Comfort with data and working in partnership with technology Demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives in a complex, global operating environment Excellent communication, presentation, and cross-cultural influencing skills Ability to adapt quickly and make an impact in a rapid paced Procurement Organization Proficiency with Microsoft applications: including advanced level Word, Power Point and Excel Experience working with ambiguity and a demonstrated self-starter Understanding of SRM metrics and KPI's Being future-focused in thinking and innovative in advancing supplier Diversity