Garment Designer NFL & MLB - Tampa
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Execute conceptual design sketches which convey creative body, styling, fit intent, fabric, trims, and colors. Collaborate with Graphic Design on complete product strategy to meet financial targets.
- Support and have some oversight of the design and development of the seasonal sourced apparel and speed lab product lines
- Familiarity with U.S. Sports and Licensed properties with a passion for great product and design
- Will be an integral partner with merchandising, sourcing and product development teams to create a smooth transition between initial concepts and final products
- Work closely with development team to ensure design intent is carried through to final product
- Responsible for balancing brand identity rules with creative opportunities, or order to elevate the league brands as well as Fanatics Brands through visual storytelling
- Strong knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
- Unique insight into relevant market trends with a point of view on commercial viability of styles/silhouettes
- Consumer-focused mindset with an understanding of needs and the translation into product insights
- Bachelor's Degree in Apparel Design, Merchandising, or related field; 4+ years of professional experience in Apparel Design is acceptable without a degree
- 2-4 years professional experience required
- Portfolio of previous work required
- Intermediate skill set and strong knowledge of apparel design, trims and garment styling and construction techniques
- Intermediate knowledge Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator; and awareness of the latest creative software programs, techniques, and applications
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication both internally and externally
- Must be results focused and highly detail oriented
- Ability to create and execute in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with internal and external clients; with an openness to new ideas and differing opinions
- Must have strong organization skills or order to troubleshoot and manage multiple projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods, daily