Digital Product Copywriter
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
As a Digital Product Copywriter, based at Converse WHQ in Boston, you will tell compelling seasonal product stories that will engage and excite our global sales team and online retail partners. As part of the newly formed Global Digital Commercial Content team, you'll work with a Sr. Digital Product Copy Manager and other writers to provide accurate, high-quality and on-time product descriptions with key features and benefits to our global partners. The work will be challenging, never boring, and we expect you'll be an important player on a team creating and bringing new digital solutions to the Converse brand.
Tell compelling product stories through copy, for use by our global sales teams, Converse.net, and by our online retail partners.
Continually adhere to Converse brand standards and copy guidelines.
Foster and leverage relationships in product, merchandising and marketing to gather information about seasonal styles and check facts against multiple sources to ensure accuracy.
Actively gain knowledge of Converse's products and processes, trends, the consumer and overall marketplace culture.
Develop deep knowledge of Converse's copy philosophy, product composition, features, and benefits.
Collaborate with brand, digital production, and geography teams to ensure all objectives and timelines are met.
- Bachelor of Arts in Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 2+ years of writing experience in a corporate or agency environment required, preferably as a copywriter for a major brand, e-commerce company or digital design agency
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy
- Expert command of the English language (including spelling, grammar and punctuation)
- Experience writing compelling and creative email, editorial and other online marketing material
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
- A genuine passion for digital marketing and the online space
- Knowledge of footwear and/or apparel design construction and terminology
- Retail, catalog or search engine optimization writing experience a plus
- Bonus points if you have the ability to demonstrate knowledge of current and upcoming fashion and trends
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.