Analytics Dir, Finance Business Intelligence
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on the Global Finance organization to thrive in its mission to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. Our consumers are demanding more, increasing the complexity of our business models and need to move faster with greater precision. The Finance Business Intelligence team's mission is to re-invent capabilities that deliver the financial data and insights that improve Global Business Planning decisions and efficient operations at scale. We're seeking world-class talent with a passion for data and analytics, a disciplined focus on business value, and ability to influence change. As an Analytics Director on this growing team with immense opportunities, you will play a critical role shaping and leading Finance's analytics strategy for NIKE.
- Collaborate across business partners to identify and quantify opportunities to advance finance insights and impact through analytics
- Lead a team of analysts and partner with Technology to develop scalable data and adopted analytics solutions
- Serve as an expert in using financial data to drive business growth across a complex ecosystem of business models, geographies, and data sources
- Manage a portfolio of projects to ensure appropriate prioritization, resourcing and business impact
- Develop and drive global standards, reporting frameworks and best practices across the Finance function
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, applied math, behavioral sciences, Economics, Business, or Finance.
- Advanced Degree preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of professional level experience in a related role
- Relevant professional experience with an emphasis on Retail or Finance
- Experience leading a team and driving results
- Strategic mindset with ability to question the status quo, identify opportunities, define and lead change.
- Track record of putting strategy into action through a team of people inside and outside of direct circle of influence.
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making through excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to articulate complex concepts in an easily understandable way.
- Finance acumen and focus on measurable business impact
- Proven ability to foster collaboration across a large organization, inspire confidence, and motivate groups to collectively meet common objectives.
- A strong understanding of industry trends and advanced analytic techniques
- Experience working in a global business environment preferred
- SAP, SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Amazon Web Services, Snowflake literacy desirable