Director of Fitness - Port Chester
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Crunch Fitness Int'l
Fitness Holdings Northeast LLC is looking for a Director of Fitness to oversee all Personal Training departments over 18 clubs between Philadelphia and Boston.
We are a franchise of CRUNCH Fitness. We are headquartered in Greenwich, CT. Our mission is to launch a network of CRUNCH gyms across the northeastern United States. With franchise rights in Westchester County, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Northern New Jersey and Boston, MA, Fitness Holdings, LLC is on pace to build 50 clubs throughout the Northeast Corridor.
With a focus on low cost, high volume and superior customer service, Fitness Holdings, LLC's first location opened in May 2013 in White Plains, NY and its second location in North Brunswick, NJ, in June 2014. By the end of 2014, clubs opened in Port Chester, NY, Fairless Hills, PA, Roslindale, MA, and Woodbridge, NJ. We opened our next 4 clubs in East Norriton, PA, Medford, MA, North Bergen, NJ, and Huntingdon Valley, PA, all in the year 2016. In January of 2018, we acquired 8 clubs in central MA, and are in the process of opening a few more clubs this year.
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage® bed, and an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including Zumba®, BodyWeb with TRX®, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.
The Director of Fitness (DF) is responsible for ensuring that each club's Personal Trainers exemplifies the company's culture and values, achieves the desired financial results, and for the flawless execution of company operations, procedures, programs in place for each club location. The DF will also be held accountable for ensuring the following:
- The DF will achieve and exceed the Company's PT sales plans and KPI's (Key Performance Indicators).
- The DF will ensure that programs and operational protocols in place to ensure the achievement of member satisfaction and retention.
- The DF will ensure that each club is following company policies and values as well as health and safety procedures.The DF will ensure that the appropriate performance management is in place to ensure feedback is occurring on an ongoing basis and performance problems are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner with the appropriate level of support from HR / upper management.
Job Travel Requirements: 100%
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Finance and Operations
- Meet or exceed fitness department budgeted gross revenues, maintain positive net income on a quarterly and annual basis (per pro-forma) as well as headcount forecasts
- Create a plan to manage existing PT accounts and aggressively expand customer base through new business acquisition.
- Create and maintain a PT dashboard to track and evaluate client sessions (session package status, expiration of packages and renewals and coordinate lead flow management).
- Maintain a safe, productive and inviting exercise environment for employees, members and guests
- Develop schedules and goals for all staff members of the fitness department
- Audit day to day functions of the personal training staff. Oversees schedule to make sure personal trainers adhering to all expectations set forth by management.
- Track member feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on member requests and comments.
- Continuously monitor the PT business and financial results and develop meaningful action plans to improve performance of the business.
- Model team expectations by interacting and observing team members, checking the details of member experiences, making recommendations and proactively solving problems.
- Lead and educate the team and provide leadership to reinforce the contributions in which Personal Training delivers to provide greater member engagement and retention.
- Ensure that the Team has current and up-to-date Personal Training certifications.
- Update database on certifications(Datatrak)
- Submit annual fitness budget for each club within district
- Assist in the implementation and promotion efforts as they pertain to upcoming club events, new health and fitness programs/SGT classes
- Handle client questions and concerns at the fitness desk including but not limited to: taking payment for training sessions, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Provide monthly/quarterly equipment needs for each club
- Report and monitor all equipment issues/replacements via Fitness Manager
- Communicate with all Partners and Crunch Corporate on all new training programs and protocols
- Certified in DotFit; Train all new employees on Dotfit
- Order all necessary supplements/equipment/apparel for DotFit
- Manage a team of Fitness Managers assigned to each club.
- Recruit, train, develop and manage Fitness Managers and Personal Trainers to ensure that clubs are adequately staffed at all times and succession plans are appropriately maintained for Company needs.
- Identify, develop and leverage existing talent to support the growth of the District through the talent planning process.
- Assess all team members progress continually; coach team members with positive reinforcement, and create training and development plans when necessary to fill performance gaps
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, and orientation of staff to ensure that each location has the most qualified management and sales team.
- Identify and develop associates with leadership or other special skills for succession planning.
- Provide counsel to General Managers, to include personnel issues, club events, problem solving, crisis intervention, etc. and foster open communications.
- Administer site audits to ensure all clubs in area are in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated Employee Relations, performance and customer service issues in partnership with the AD, GM, and HR.
- Approve all documentation on performance issues and assist club management on progressive discipline when necessary.
- Fosters cross-district and cross-divisional relationships to support the company's expansion and growth strategies.
- Escalate and communicate all situations and/or conditions that affect the district (i.e., customer complaints, safety issues, worker's compensation injuries, progressive discipline issues, workplace harassment, unemployment hearings, etc.) with the appropriate level of management or department.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for all Personal Trainers in district and submit them to the appropriate level of management for approval. Ensure employee reviews are administered prior to due dates.
- Uphold and model company core values.
- Be a courageous people manager - give specific and timely feedback (positive or constructive) as needed. Remove obstacles for your staff, communicate issues and trends upward as appropriate, find ways to continuously innovate and improve yourself and your management skills. Don't let performance issues escalate. Figure out how to hire the best and the brightest, and hire and promote based on the merit principle.
- Find ways to innovate, improve and become more efficient with all aspects of the clubs within your district including finance, sales, operations, customer service, member retention and talent acquisition.
- Build relationships and recruit new trainers through local/national programs (i.e.W.I.T.S.)
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part of the job.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years in fitness club management experience.
- Must be certified in Personal Training.
- Must be able to travel between Philadelphia and Boston.
- Must be well versed in computers and analytics.
- Must be prepared and able to handle rapid expansion, as we plan to continuously open new clubs each year.