prAna Vice President of Global Sales
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
The Vice President of Global Sales will have worked for a rapidly growing organization with global sales and world-class sales leadership. He/she will be a strategic leader with strong business acumen who thinks about the big picture and can build a scalable sales strategy while leading a high performing team. The ideal candidate will be known for his/her communication and influencing skills and ideally will have strong relations in the active/lifestyle/outdoor space. He/she will bring best-in-class experience in sales management with an international perspective.
He/she will be a goal-oriented, results-driven individual while also being grounded, authentic, and humble with strong passion for the outdoors and an active lifestyle. This position will be based in Carlsbad, CA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop a clear sales growth vision and strategy that is focused, disciplined and aligned with the company goals
- Lead the wholesale sales organization for prAna globally
- Develop and implement a strong business strategy and organizational structure to grow the prAna brand through multiple channels, including specialty outdoor, spa/resort, contemporary retail stores, sporting goods stores and major retail chains across different geographic regions including U.S., Canada, Europe, South/Central America, Asia and the Middle East
- Identify and direct the organization to pursue high priority sales targets and to address channel and customer needs and opportunities
- Develop and manage key performance measures for all members of the sales organization, including setting specific compensation incentives for the sales team
- Exhibit teamwork and communication to obtain and provide market feedback, product planning and competitive insights and other relevant information
- Commit to teamwork and communication with internal organization including active participation with executives on setting company strategy and direction as well as reporting on progress and receiving feedback
- Provide the hiring and training guidelines and programs to strengthen the sales organization in terms of general business skills and channel expertise
- Build enthusiasm with the sales team to grow the skill base of the individuals and generate a "can do" spirit towards growth
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field highly preferred (e.g. Marketing, Business)
- Minimum of 10 years of senior sales management experience with significant experience working within and among the executive level
- Successful experience in a fast paced, growing and less structured company environment
- Established, proven relationship with Outdoor Specialty, Sporting Goods and Department Store retailers
- Ability to drive innovative channel and category development across multiple channels and geographies in an omni-channel environment
- P&L management experience
- Successful track record building, managing, developing and retaining teams
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the sales field
- Proficient with MS Office
- The ability to speak languages other than English (within locations applicable to scope of work) helpful but not required
- Job involves frequent international/domestic travel (up to 50%), interruptions, occasional overtime, some evening and weekend meetings, and extensive computer work. Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week to complete priority projects.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions of position with or without reasonable accommodations.
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a post-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education and reference check.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/A ge
Thermo Fisher Scientific