Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
Are you on a mission to find the perfect co-op assignment within an awesome company? Well, congratulations, you've accomplished your mission. Co-op students at Trek have the opportunity to work alongside the best in the business, experience the real world, and have fun while doing so.
Working in co-op assignment at Trek may just be one of the best experiences of your life. Our modern work culture/environment is second to none. From fun employee events to a flexible work schedule, Trek has been recognized by 'Great Places to Work.' What are you waiting for? Complete your application immediately!
At Trek, we believe passionate employees make the best bicycle company in the world. We believe in a vibrant, healthy, creative workplace where our people can help make the world better, one bike at a time. Great people, great product that's what we're about. Think you have what it takes to co-op at the best bike company in the world? Trek is currently looking for an enthusiastic accessories engineering co-op student to assist the Bontrager Engineering department. This co-op will have you providing technical support for product development including design, validation, pilot, and manufacturing.
You will work as an engineering resource to teams on new product designs and/or changes to an existing product. You will learn and utilize tools that allow for lead-time reductions in Trek's product development process (PDM systems, CAD systems, FEA system, and departmental standards).
Still reading? Then you might be the one. Apply today with your best foot forward. But first, check out the detailed description of what you'll be responsible for.
January 2019 - August 2019
- Engineering resource for design and development projects, normally involving several smaller projects or one to two major projects.
- Adheres to project timelines and gathers and correlates complicated engineering data.
- Implementation of new products, materials and processes to be applied to new and existing products.
- Serves as a technical resource to other departments and functional areas as follows:
- Design Engineering: In-house application of new parts during the validation phase of projects.
- Manufacturing Engineering: To support the design of tools and fixtures as they relate to projects and support Engineers throughout the validations and pilots
- Testing: Provide parts to the test department based on the project timelines.
- Manufacturing Department: to support standard products and systems with engineering related issues.
- Works on designs of specific components and equipment, makes changes in method, designs, or equipment when necessary to meet technical requirements.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates.
- Miscellaneous duties not described within this description.
- Currently pursuing an Engineering degree
- Proficient mechanical and hands-on aptitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skills -able to interact competently with internal/external contacts
- Professional attitude, image, demeanor, and confidentiality
- Competent computer database, spreadsheet, word processing abilities, and timelines
- Able to perform thermal and stress calculations
- Solidworks, 3D modeling and COSMOS experience is a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish