Sr Software Eng (Dev Release Engineering)
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by EA Sports
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DEVELOPMENT RELEASE ENGINEER
This role involves performing the duties of a Development Release Engineer which provides vital end to end software development and deployment services to developers of game titles across a variety of platforms. The Development Release Engineer is part of a centralized team (DRE), responsible for EA Sports Configuration Management (CM) and Software Quality Engineering technology and processes. The role ensures the systems are running smoothly, gathers requirements, provides feedback, and manages configuration management and development test automation infrastructure solutions.
- Building scalable, reliable automation systems that build and smoke-test ~40GB applications.
- Improve our operations & services availability, consistency, efficiency and reliability
- Collaborate with both internal and external dev teams.
- Troubleshoot, identify system bottlenecks and improve performance.
- Presenting our solutions to internal and external audiences
- Active involvement in Open Source communities, including contributing internal EA source code
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional experience in DevOps / Systems Engineer role
- Knowledge of two or more - Python, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Node.js, C#, Java
- Knowledge of containerization / virtualization technologies such as Docker, Chef, Puppet
- Familiarity with public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Windows Azure
- Experience performing automated deployments, builds, and test flows with CI tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, or TeamCity
- Experience administering one or more source control such as Git, Perforce, SVN
- Experience with relational (MySQL) and nonrelational (NoSQL) databases.
- Experience Linux system administration, shell operation and shell scripting
- Game development experience
- Mobile game DevOps experience
- Experience with one or more of ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis
- Conference presentation experience
- Active involvement in Open Source communities