Dir Grants and Foundation Relations
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by YMCA
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has an amazing opportunity with our Mission Advancement team!
YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities
The Director of Grants and Foundation Relations is as an integral part of the Mission Advancement team at the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities, assisting in the planning and implementation of government, corporate and foundation giving programs. The incumbent will write proposals to secure grants from government, corporate, and foundation grant makers that provide vital financial support for YMCA programs and services. This person also provides leadership, project management, technical assistance and collaboration with program staff to develop successful, high quality grant proposals and grant reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in nonprofit grant writing to corporations, foundations, government, or the United Way, with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent persuasive writing, grammar, research, proofreading, and copy editing skills. Excellent attention to detail in crafting grant narratives, budgets, program logic models, program evaluations, grant reports, and other grant documents.
- Ability to establish, maintain and grow an excellent rapport with YMCA executives and program staff to maximize collaboration and meet fundraising goals. Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing working relationships with staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead multiple projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to work and prioritize independently according to a demanding, fast-paced, deadline-driven production schedule. Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer proficiency with strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Raiser's Edge database,
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity, particularly with respect to maintaining ethical fundraising standards.
- Excellent initiative taker and problem solving skills; desire to achieve result.
- Experience in health and human services grant writing.
- Experience in state and federal grant writing.
- Outcomes-based evaluation skills, evaluation reporting, and database management of outcomes for United Way grants.
- Effective communication and rapport building with foundation/funder representatives, including program officers at major Minnesota foundations.
- Experience working with fundraising volunteers such as board members in developing and implementing institutional giving strategies.
- Research and write grant proposals to secure government, corporate and foundation funding for YMCA programs.
- Provide leadership and project management to collaborate with Program Directors, Branch Executives, and Camp Directors and other leadership staff in developing successful, high quality grant proposals to secure funds.
- Coordinate the clearance, tracking, submissions and reporting of grants.
- Enter pertinent data on grants into Raiser's Edge, and track grant implementation progress in collaboration with Operations, Accounting, and Finance Departments.
- Provide training to program staff on prospect research, grant writing and proposal development strategies for both short and long-term program needs.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Quality Results
- Project Management
Opens a new window