Category Inventory Planning Lead
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As an Emerging Markets Category Inventory Planning Lead within Demand and Supply Management (DSM), you will lead the planning execution for an assigned Global Category of NSW. You will serve your category customers as their primary point of contact for all Inventory Planning business needs. You will oversee products across Apparel, Footwear and Equipment for your category. You will ensure that all products are planned by leveraging system parameters, evaluating risks and returns, and ensuring the highest level of coverage for your business. You will escalate any issues that will cause unfulfilled demand and/or a delay to the expected timelines. You will partner with demand planning, merchandising, territory planning, purchasing, inventory management and global supply chain partners to drive positive business results.
You will be a source of information for many key internal partners. You will provide timely and accurate information as business needs arise. Your strong understanding of available information tools will assist you in providing answers quickly. You need to be analytical in nature to proactively identify challenges, at the same time be able to tell a story, driving clarity for your key stakeholders. At times, you will be asked to represent our team on projects and support key initiatives that have an impact to our day-to-day business.
- Proactive key metrics review and identification of root cause analysis opportunities
- Identification and implementation of issues resolution to improve business metrics
- Serve as IP point-of-contact for their Category Customers: Demand Planning, Merchandising, and Sales
- Engagement and partnership with DPIM teams and cross-functional partners to pull solution levers
- Issues escalation and "story telling" to leadership and stakeholder teams on state of business
- Participation in strategic initiative projects & process improvement tracks of work
- Understanding and application of Global Planning processes and policies