Design Manufacturing Cost Eng
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Nike
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
Air Manufacturing Innovation is undergoing a transformation to strengthen the foundation and elevate our ability to make quick data driven decisions to achieve world class operational excellence. This includes evaluating efficiency/effectiveness of operations through data collection and visualization. The role will work on a cross function team to understand business needs, establish processes to collect data from the manufacturing equipment and work cells, create reports and dashboards to convey relevant information timely, and analyze data to give transparency to true product cost. This role involves solving complex challenges and bringing new perspective to existing processes and solutions. This is an enterprise wide initiative, but this role will focus on relevant operational data that effects product cost and profitability. We have a dynamic and diverse team tasked to complete complex global projects which bring value to the business. We are looking for a self-starter with new ideas to enhance our team.
- Work with a cross functional team to implement a digital analytics platform in a manufacturing environment
- Work closely with Finance to develop dashboards and reports from the manufacturing process to understand cost drivers and compare actual cost to margin targets.
- Monitor the data collection & dashboards and ensure uptime by working cross functionality with engineering and IT
- Identify gaps where additional data is required and assist in the implementation of automation to ensure all required data is consistently and accurately available
- Support operations and engineering leadership by providing relevant and timely information regarding production optimization and product cost
- Build solutions that are automated, scalable, and sustainable that enable growth and expansion
- Develop robust processes to validate data including reasonableness assessments and collaboration with engineering
- Drive continuous improvement and embrace a changing culture that uses timely fact-based data to make decisions
- Support the culture of team empowerment and engagement through successful self-management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or other related degree
- 5+ years' additional relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience with large-scale data engineering with emphasis on data analytics and reporting
- Experience troubleshooting industrial machinery which requires strong knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience or classwork in Design of Experiments and strong statistical skills preferred
- Experience collecting data via a SCADA platform
- Experience with a digital analytics software package or an Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles preferred
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens control systems is a plus
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of footwear construction, innovation, costing and global business management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results oriented, and work productively within a matrix organization
- Mentor and help train new or less experienced team members
- Experience with Tableau is preferred
- Exposure to ERP systems like SAP is preferred
- Experience in plastics manufacturing is preferred