Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by ESPN
Longhorn Network (LHN) launched August 2011. LHN, a partnership between ESPN and The University of Texas, broadcasts 175 athletic events a year, plus original studio shows, analysis, and academic content.
A Day in the Life:
- Screens, logs, transcribes and clips footage for events; organizes head shot and melt reels
- Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases selects materials for bumps and roll-outs
- Operates studio teleprompter system
- Perform crew functions as needed during productions and assist in location productions
- Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
- Takes photographs and video for use across LHN social media platforms
What You Bring to the Role:
- Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events with an emphasis on UT sports
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
- Must possess demonstrated communication and organization skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of production situations
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Historical knowledge UT sports
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Avid.
- Experience operating a teleprompter
- Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Knowledge of Photoshop and ability to create memes and gifs
- Enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior at a four-year college or university taking at least one class at the time of application and also taking at least one class throughout the length of the internship is preferred.
- Candidate must be in good academic standing with the college or university
- Communication, Broadcasting, Journalism or related majors
- Enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior at a four-year college or university taking at least one class at the time of application and ideally also taking at least one class throughout the length of the internship.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Housing: This internship is located in Austin, TX. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.