Dir, Internal Comm's & Corp. Social Responsibility
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Fanatics' Internal Communications/CSR Director will work with the senior leadership team to craft, execute, and adapt the organization's social responsibility and philanthropic strategy. This individual will also serve as the primary source of information for all internal corporate communications and will proactively manage all internal (intranet) and external corporate web sites on behalf of the organization. She/he will work to gain visibility and appreciation for Fanatics' brand image, events, community involvement and engagement.
This individual will liaise with a variety of business units and offices to identify, ideate and execute philanthropic, charitable and cause-related initiatives tied directly to Fanatics or any one of our hundreds of professional and collegiate partners. As the world's leading brand for sports fans, Fanatics is committed to giving back to its local communities and supporting its partners through a variety of relevant organizations, and this individual will both spearhead ongoing programs while also identifying new opportunities for the company to play a role.
Internal and corporate communications will also be a priority for this individual, who will be tasked with helping to manage both existing internal marketing/communications channels (i.e. Corporate Website, Corporate Social Media Accounts, global town halls), as well as emerging platforms (i.e. New Employee Intranet).
The right fit for this role is a proactive, self-starter with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses the willingness to respond to requests with urgency and enthusiasm.
- Identify, build and manage Fanatics' portfolio of North America-based CSR, charitable and cause-related programs and initiatives; serve as a point of contact for all proactive and reactive opportunities and engagements
- Proactively research community, donation and/or non-profit opportunities for Fanatics to support through sports merchandise donations, auctions and/or appearances/involvement from Fanatics' roster of world-class exclusive athletes
- Serve as company liaison with CSR contacts from Fanatics partners (leagues, teams, colleges, athletes) to promote key initiatives around some of the world's biggest events in sports
- Create media materials for CSR-led activations including: press releases, media advisories, pitch notes, briefing documents, executive talking points, and program recaps / presentation decks
- On-site staffing at relevant CSR events/programs (i.e. Community Days, employee-led initiatives, executive/athlete appearances, etc.)
- Draft award submissions for CSR company campaigns and top executives who are making a difference in their respective communities
- Engage with the senior management and HR team to identify and drive a strategic internal messaging platform and strong employee communication plan to improve employee engagement
- Establish a vision for internal communications and develop innovative communication approaches (intranet, videos, digital screens, presentations, global town halls, etc.)
- Provide guidance to HR team on issues and opportunities to strengthen Internal and Employee Communication efforts/plans
- Assist with internal communications in response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation
- Support management team in preparing and delivering key employee communications / events
- Lead all internal employee communication channels, including developing and maintaining a dynamic employee intranet
- Utilize internal social media tools when appropriate.
- Fanatics seeks an innovative communications executive who is a proven strategist and has success aligning an organization's commitment to the communities it serves
- 8-10 years of experience in communications at an agency, brand or relevant non-profit organization (a BA in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is preferred)
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and creative skills
- Strong experience executing local and national CSR / cause marketing-led campaigns
- Creative and driven individual who proactively identifies new areas for growth and provides regular recommendations on content, strategy and tactics
- A passion for sports, with general knowledge of apparel industry also preferred
- Strong experience/knowledge of social media and social media channels, tools and techniques for driving reputation amplifying campaigns and projects
- Position will be based in Jacksonville, Florida
- Open to regular travel to events and other Fanatics offices for various offsite and team meetings