Human Resources Business Partner
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Backcountry.com
The Human Resource Business Partner role will support the Motosport brand, a business that is committed to helping powersports enthusiasts 'never miss a ride'. The HRBP will work directly with the General Manager of Motosport to be strategic partners in the success of the business. It is our job to find, retain and encourage passionate people who will embody Motosport's values. To this end we are concerned less with creating and pushing policy and more with ensuring organizational success. As an HRBP we are looking for someone who has a track record of progressive Generalist work in the world of human resources and is looking to begin the next step of connecting their knowledge and skills in a way that connects with the overall mission and strategy of Backcountry.
About the Job:
- Partner with HR Team and the department/facility leadership team to implement HR strategies and programs to support the operation of the supported department/facility and the company culture
- Continually "raise the game" by owning talent management strategies, including performance management, recruitment, coaching, and retention.
- Be an employee advocate and champion while providing consulting and coaching to employees experiencing employee relations issues and challenges that are impacting their job satisfaction or performance.
- Partner with leadership to address employee relations issues while ensuring compliance with all company policies and state and federal laws.
- Coordinate and oversee programs including Unemployment, Worker's Compensation, drug screens, and all other programs necessary to comply with State and Federal Labor & Employment Laws
- Coordinate leaves of absence (such as FMLA, STD, ADA) for facility
- Lead onboarding, and training activities for the department/facility in coordination with the corporate recruiting and training teams
- Lead recruiting efforts for all variable roles with MotoSport, and support Backcountry recruiting team as needed with fixed roles
- Support total rewards team by providing the first level of support for compensation and benefits questions for the supported divisions/facilities
- Responsible for administration and management of the Portland office
- One Direct report - Office Manager
- Office Supplies
- Coffee and vending services
- Office cleaning
- Property management relationship
- Lead MotoSport Roanoke recruiting coordination for variable roles, onboarding, benefits, employee relations issues, and handle payroll concerns from employees with support from VA Fulfillment HRBP when needed
- Collaborate with all departments - Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, Content, Creative, Product, User Experience, Engineering and Fulfillment - to provide pragmatic, integrated, and customer focused human resource business solutions. Responsible for incorporating the people component into strategic planning, development, and assessment in order to enhance the capabilities of the business.
- Understand department objectives and key results for the year, develop strategies to maximize their performance and help them meet or exceed their objectives.
- Provide training and regular follow up communication with leaders and managers on performance management, reviews, and assessment.
- Partner with business leaders to create development plans that support overall business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ or more years of progressive HR Generalist work experience. Highly prefer well-rounded experience with knowledge of employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance.
- PHR certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience with fundamental areas of HR, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance
- A strong customer focus and ability to develop concise and clear solutions; approachable and able to relate to our unique employee culture.
- Familiarity and understanding of both federal and state employment laws required
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment, initiative, and an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency while maintaining a collaborative approach with HR and facility leadership
- Strong analytical skills; uses and interprets data to validate plans and approaches
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive/Docs, and ADP preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a team player and open to change and changing priorities.
About MotoSport: MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there's no tomorrow... just like our customers. Because we 're living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you - whoever you are. But we wouldn't be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we'll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren't that different from us) happy and satisfied... after all, we know what it's like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.