Digital Product Manager - Waterloo
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager reporting to the Director of Digital Product Management who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out apps that deliver the company's vision and strategy. As a digital product manager, you'll help us build a world-class digital products that drive both customer and business value. You'll partner closely with our website and mobile development teams and UX/design teams utilizing a variety of web and app technologies to realize these objectives.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage quality assurance activities for a cross-functional team
- Define success metrics for new projects and track daily performance for existing products to ensure the team is moving towards defined goals.
- Work with the design team to create wireframes and designs that articulate the product vision.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Assist in managing the prioritization of new features and bugs.
- Continuously propose new A/B tests to improve conversion and engagement.
- 3+ years of consumer-facing internet product management experience, preferably in defining and driving the vision of ecommerce websites and applications
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- An understanding of website and internet landscape and experience with ecommerce and large scale website development standards
- Intellectual curiosity to research, learn, and apply industry knowledge
- A self-starter who is confident and able to move projects forward with little direction
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Be an excellent communicator with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Be data-driven and work effectively in an agile environment.
- Ability to manage multiple products and prioritize new features based on customer need, industry trends, company strategy and ROI
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to track roadmap items and deliver on schedule.
- Think and act both strategically and tactically.
- Be detail-oriented, self-motivated and follow-through on projects.
- Ability to work within a highly-matrixed organization and can unite product, UX/Design and development teams.
- Have a deep understanding of e-commerce websites and/or customer facing mobile applications.
- Experience managing multiple product roadmaps
- Analytical and able to make data driven decisions.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of ecommerce websites and mobile applications
- Knowledge of user experience trends and digital consumer behaviors
- Ability to articulate clear and concise requirements for new products and new features
- Passionate and knowledgeable about new and emerging multi-channel experiences
- and its technology
- BA in Business, Marketing or Computer Science
- Experience in cycling and cycling industry is useful.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Jira (confluence)
- Experience with Google Analytics and SQL
- Understanding of content management systems / publishing platforms, APIs, and 3rd party integrations
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish