Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by NASCAR
NASCAR is seeking a Revenue Manager that will review and interpret revenue contracts and ensure accurate recording of revenue. They will also maintain Contract Management Systems to ensure proper accounting for all obligations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
- Review and interpret contracts for multiple revenue streams and assess revenue accounting implications in accordance with the Company's revenue recognition policies and US GAAP (ASC 606).
- Assist with preparing technical accounting memos as it pertains to revenue recognition
- Determine journal entries, allocations, and adjustments needed to ensure proper revenue recognition in conjunction with the monthly, quarterly, and annual close cycles
- At month end, timely review revenue accounts to ensure all amounts are properly recorded. Prepare more complex account reconciliations for review.
- Manages the value-in-kind process including coordination of quarterly value-in-kind reporting to business unit, forecasting value-in-kind revenue and expense, ensuring values are properly recorded and documented.
- Collaborates with the Financial Planning & Analysis group to meet their reporting requirements and timelines.
- Reviews royalty reporting information for NASCAR Team Properties for accuracy and oversees the calculation of payouts and dissemination of data to the teams.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for NASCAR Team Properties.
- Reviews royalty reporting for NASCAR Sub Licenses including verifying the accuracy of calculations and overseeing the payment process.
- Oversees annual royalty compliance audit with the support of the Sr. Manager by reviewing licensing file and other information related to the audit, reviewing audit results for accuracy and maintaining audit files.
- Staff development, training, and mentoring
- Establish and document policies and procedures as needed.
- Assists the Sr. Manager, Revenue and A/R with projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Seeks ways to use technology and/or improve processes for areas of responsibility.
- Manages the Revenue Accountant.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; and minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training.
- Two (2) years public accounting experience highly preferred.
- CPA certified, or CPA eligible candidate also preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience with contracted revenue.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast pace environment.
- Must have good problem-solving skills, analytical skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to identify accounting problems and generate reasonable solutions.
- Must also good oral and written communications skills as well as excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to meet deadlines with a positive attitude and work ethic.