Membership and Comm Outreach Dir
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by YMCA
Come and join the YMCA of Metro North! One of the fastest growing and most progressive Y's in the East!
Melrose Family YMCA
The YMCA is for Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position will drive new membership sales, maximize retention, lead and manage the welcome center staff to improve member engagement, oversee Child Watch, and branch special events. This position is responsible for creating and implementing strategies for annual campaign growth, including cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors, members and volunteers; increasing major gift donors to the annual campaign; and working directly with branch leadership on annual campaign plans and implementation. This position will represent the YMCA in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA.
Skills and Competencies/Know How:
- Able to multi-task (helping staff, helping members, answer phone, handle other duties)
- Strong computer skills. Able to be efficient, proficient and knowledgeable in customer services, and decision making.
- Able to learn information about each department to better serve potential members and current members or know where to find it.
- Able to understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
- Able to communicate effectively with adults and children alike.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time as well as work and train on a computer.
- Excellent audible ability. Able to hear sounds up to 300 feet away at normal decibel level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds including transporting the trauma bag to an emergency.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and staff.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Child Abuse Prevention (or within 30 days of employment)
- Respect in the Workplace (or within 30 days of employment)
- Member Service Training
- Listen First
- Oxygen Administration, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Working with the Executive Director, plan all welcome center staffing based upon membership sales and revenue goals.
- Working with the Executive Director, target local community organizations to partner and collaborate with, to help grow the Y's impact.
- Perform research necessary to develop, plan and implement communications (education and outreach) campaigns to help drive membership and community knowledge of Y programs, services & benefits offered.
- Outreach to local companies and organizations to establish alliances.
- Ensure all membership and marketing efforts are consistent with the Association's mission, strategic goals and community needs.
- Recognize and promote member service, acquisition and retention as the primary responsibility of all staff throughout the association.
- Work closely with the Marketing department to coordinate all membership promotional efforts and campaigns throughout the year to achieve monthly & annual goals.
- Teach and train all staff members how to be a friendly and welcoming presence in the Y.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations including being a good listener, caring about member's well-being and checking in on their progress. Staff must also take the initiative to talk with members and to make them feel welcome.
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual membership sales goals.
- Conduct prospective member tours as per training.
- Use Listen First skills to build relationships with members, program participants and prospects.
- Oversee renewals including sending out billing statements with marketing flyer and tracks in excel spreadsheets.
- Follows up with all terminations and documents results in excel spreadsheet.
- Assist in grass roots marketing including handing out flyers, working tables at community events, and attending other special events as needed
- Perform program and camp registrations as well as membership sign-ups in Daxko, SGA, or electronic registration system.
- Perform responsibilities such as cashing out, balancing daily transactions, and dropping envelopes in safe.
- Be ready and able to respond to an emergency, assemble emergency equipment and assist in care of the victim.
- Attend all staff meetings (mandatory) and be able to work as a team player.
- Work some nights and weekends as assigned.
- Works with the Executive Director to identify funding opportunities, preferred funding targets, and approaches to solicit needed support.
- Develops and maintains key long-term relationships with donors and prospects to build a robust donor base.
- Helps develops and manages member donor week and community phase to support the annual campaign.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with community leaders.
- Leads annual campaign special events. Work with Executive Director and Branch Team to implement successful events.
- Analyzes trends in annual giving campaign, identifying opportunities and challenges. Develops strategies to ensure goals are met.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Y's values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCA's efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness : Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth : Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
$43,000.00 - $50,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
Katelyn Doherty, 497 Main Street, Melrose MA, 02
Resumes Accepted Until