Branch Executive Director
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by YMCA
The Gateway Family YMCA Elizabeth Branch is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Branch Executive Director!
Elizabeth Branch YMCA
Come join The Gateway Family YMCA (formerly the YMCA of Eastern Union County) Elizabeth Branch! Located in Elizabeth, New Jersey, the Elizabeth Branch completed a 10 million dollar renovation in 2013 and is a full-service YMCA, providing programs and services addressing all age groups, across a full spectrum of programs including Child Care, School Age Child Care, Health and Well-Being, Housing, Summer Day Camp, and Youth and Teens. This is an exciting time of growth for the entire Association. We are a progressive Association and early implementer of many YUSA initiatives such as Living Our Cause, Healthy Living and Closing the Achievement Gap.
The Gateway Family YMCA is seeking an experience leader to join our team as the Branch Executive Director to oversee our Elizabeth Branch. The ideal candidate thrives on challenges of an urban-based YMCA facility. He/She will be able to manage their time to orchestrate business aspects, develop staff and community/member relationships. Ultimately, the candidate enjoys working with and impacting the individuals we serve by strenghtening the foundation of communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related working experience in YMCA or a similar type organization
- Staff supervisory experience important. Should possess management experience and be competent in membership and program development, staff selection and development, and facility operations.
- Strong skills in volunteer and community development will be critical facts for future branch growth
- A successful background in financial development (annual campaign), recruitment and development of volunteer leadership, community involvement and strategic planning is required. Proven track record of budgetary and fiscal management.
- Should possess skills in managing multiple priorities, communications and member relations, motivating staff and volunteers, supervision, staff selection, trianing and evaluation
- Must have the ability to develop positive relationships with YMCA members, program participants, school district, city and the community and feel comfortable making presentations to groups.
- Must obtain and maintain all required trainings for this position
- Must be a team player with a commitment to excellence
- Overall leadership and responsibility for the operation and management of the Elizabeth Branch
- Supervise the development and implementation of annual plans and strategies; ensure all prgrams are running efficiently. Those include Housing (Emergency Shelter, Transitional, Supportive and Affordable), member engagement and marketing, health & well-being programs, preschool, afterschool, summer camp programs, annual fundraising campaigns, volunteer and community relations, as well as financial, human resources, and facilities management to achieve agreed upon goals and objectives
- Take an organization and facility that is poised for growth and propel it to the next level. Position reports to the Chief Operating Officer
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Values - Creates and environment that reinforces trust, mutual respect, and a service orientation. Models the Y's values when dealing with individuals and organizations in the community.
- Inclusion - Promotes to others the value of diversity and the importance of being an inclusive organization. Ensures equal and fair treatment for all.
- Relationships - Collaborate with and build relationships that enhance the Y's ability to impact the community. Effectively builds positive, constructive relationships with others.
- Communications - Uses superior verbal and written skills to generate support of the Y's goals. Shares ideas and presents information informally in ways that positively impact others. Communicates the Y's brand to establish the organization's credibility within the community.
- Decision Making - Integrates multiple thinking processes and strategies to function effectively. Anticipate challenges and obstacles and create plan and strategies accordingly.
- Change Capacity - Manages implementation of change by understanding and addressing the impact of change on cultures, systems, and people.
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00
How to Apply
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
Alexandria Brim, 144 Madison Avenue, Elizabeth NJ, 07
Resumes Accepted Until