Power Yoga Coord - San Antonio
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Life Time Fitness
Supervises the offering of all fee-based Yoga programs. Facilitates various classes, workshops and intensives for members to maximize workout efficiency, improve fitness, increase stamina, enjoy their fitness experience and improve overall sense of well-being. Updates the Yoga website and completes program record keeping according to standard operating procedures.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Member Experience:
- Develops safe, professional and comprehensive Yoga training programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal fitness goals
- Provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to member questions, comments or concerns via phone, email or in person
- Attentively listens to members, answers questions, and engages in conversation before and after classes
- Ensures studios are clean and organized
Sales & Promotion
- Promotes Life Time Fitness programs, products, and services to class participants
- Motivates members to continue working toward their fitness goals by consistently attending yoga classes and encourages all participants to use Life Time Fitness's \"Healthy Way of Life\" model
- Generates leads and solicits referrals
- Updates the Yoga website as needed
- Distributes promotional and marketing materials as needed
Financial & Budgetary
- Meets and exceeds monthly workshop goals
- Meets and exceeds bi-monthly intensive goals
- Assists the GFDH with payroll responsibilities as needed
- Tracks and records participation for Yoga classes
- Tracks and works with GFDHs in managing Yoga equipment inventory
Managerial & Supervisory
- Responds to member comments and suggestions in a timely and professional manner
- Attends instructor and \"all club\" meetings
- Properly completes and submits incident reports when injuries occur before, during, or after class
- Assists the Group Fitness Department Head in recruiting, hiring and training Yoga Teachers
- Understands monthly goals and deadlines and creates an action plan to accomplish goals
Responsibilities of All Positions
Supports and articulates the Life Time Fitness mission statement
Adheres to company policies and procedures
Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the cafe© are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
High school diploma or GED
1 year teaching yoga classes
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 years experience teaching Yoga recommended
- CPR/AED certification
- 200 hour level (RYT-200) required
- Completed the LifePower Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training and/or 16 Hour Retreat and passed the four required teach backs to teach Signature formats.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills, energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to coach, develop staff, and foster a team environment
- Ability to lead and motivate a group class
- Ability to be a positive fitness role model
- Excellent physical fitness
- Result orientated with a positive outlook and commitment to quality
- Extensive knowledge of yoga programs
- Extensive knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Ability to perform exercises specific to the assigned class
- Ability resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and make decisions easily and quickly
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to accept direction and be accountable for work outcomes, including following through on projects or responsibilities with a sense of ownership
- Exhibits grace under pressure
- Language Ability: Intermediate
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Intermediate
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires agility and the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing and talking or hearing more than 2/3 of the time sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100. The vision requirements are close, distant, color peripheral, depth and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment and exercise studio. The noise level is usually moderate.