Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by YMCA
Be part of our Cause
YMCA of Orange County
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Executive Director is responsible for all of the general operations of a Branch, which includes financial development and fiscal and program administration.
- Fiscal Management and Control: Budget development and monitoring, year-end forecasts; maintain financial control systems including revenue, expenses and inventories.
- Financial Development: Secure revenue; direct fundraising activities; direct endowment development efforts; lead project funding and special fundraising events.
- Program Development: Promote program growth and evaluation, special programs; direct planning; develop program plans; supervise delivery of program services and ensure quality and quantity of programs; shared supervision of staff.
- Staff Development: Hire, train, and supervise staff; administer Wage and Salary Administration Guidelines; conduct staff meetings, one-on-one conferences.
- Board Development: Serve as staff officer to the Board of Managers; work with the Branch Board Chair in branch planning, board operation and development, and agenda building; coordinate development and operation of board committees; serve or designate staff officer to those committees; coordinate selection of board members, committee chairs, committee members.
- Branch Administration: Implement policies, goals, standards and procedures; handle public relations including communication through regular newsletters, news releases and seasonal promotion efforts; monitor operating systems for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Planning & Community Outreach: Lead the development of the Branch Basic Operating Plan (BBOP); develop and implement strategic plan for branch; monitor accomplishment of goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan and BBOP; represent the YMCA through membership in selected community organizations and through attendance at key YMCA and community events.
- Metropolitan/Regional/National Participation: Participate in and lead activities, collaborate with other operating units and the Metropolitan organizations; participate in Senior Staff meetings; participate on the Board of Governors.
- Capital Development: Lead Branch efforts for capital planning and construction.
- Follow and enforce safety standards and other policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: In accordance with applicable policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
Education & Certifications & Experience & Background: 4-year degree required, additional experience may offset some education. Certification as YMCA Director preferred. 6 to 10 years related operational experience required (program development, fiscal management and financial development is key).
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Windows/Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until