Sr. Viz Artist
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by National Football League
An experienced Viz Artist that can self-manage, lead other artists, plan and schedule projects, and work with Graphics Producers and Programmers in developing real-time graphics. A jack-of-all-trades that can support both hardware and software issues with an interest in emerging technologies. Must have the ability to develop and maintain workflows as well as R&D for new graphical systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Guide and manage projects in the Real-Time Systems Department from inception to completion. Collaborate with team to help plan and schedule projects in creation of Viz templates and management of personnel and hardware resources.
- Oversee and supervise RTS Artists as well as train and instruct artists on how templates are built conforming to the set standards.
- Identify needs of the department and provide solutions with various technologies, hardware, software, personnel, and workflows for a successful work environment, including the planning for the new facility.
- Develop scenes in VizRT for Insert graphics and Video Walls. Work closely with RTS Programmer and RTS Producers in developing graphics and interfacing of data including social media using SocialTV.
- Develop and support Augmented Reality graphics both in Studio and on Remotes. Understand the technical complexities of camera tracking as well as AR scene design. Experience using Stype, NCAM, Skycam, etc. for AR graphics is a plus.
- Develop Touchscreen graphics and workflows for various sized touchscreens based upon the wants and needs of production and social media.
- Develop Virtual Set graphics using VizRT and/or Unreal Engine. Understand and support the virtual system components including Viz Studio Manager and robotic cameras.
- Be proactive in Emerging Technologies for graphics and finding and offering innovative solutions. Travel to NAB or other conferences could be required. R&D of new technologies as well as planning of integration and training.
- Have a good understanding and provide input for data integration and data flow from various databases, clock servers, etc. for interfacing with graphics and Ticker systems.
- Installation, set up, testing, and support of machines for remote events. Could include travel to possibly the Super Bowl, NFL Scouting Combine, and the NFL Draft.
- Remote management of Insert Packages and Video Walls at NFL Films. Might require occasional travel to Mount Laurel, NJ.
- Master the NFL Ticker scene and be able to update and test with personnel at Master Control. Provide solutions to Ticker requests and be able to support if there are issues.
- Technically support, troubleshoot, and problem-solve for all of the systems used by RTS department.
- Manage and organize templates and Viz assets in the VizRT Graphics Hub (database).
- 5+ years of experience using Viz Artist
- Working knowledge of Viz Trio
- Expert in Viz scripting and Transition Logic
- Knowledge of other VizRT products such as Libero, Multiplay, and SocialTV
- Highly proficient in Adobe CS, specifically Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator
- Proficient in Fontographer
- Experience working with Programmers and Producers in developing graphics in a TV Production environment
- Experience using Unreal Engine a plus
- Experience with Cinema 4D a plus
- Experience with NCAM and/or StypeGrip for Camera Tracking a plus
- Must be able to self-manage time efficiently and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks/projects
- Must be a team player that is comfortable communicating with multiple groups including IT, Engineering, Production, Graphics, Master Control, and RTS personnel on a daily basis
- General knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking, and Windows OS
- Travel several times a year
- Pass a background check