Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by YMCA
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is excited to announce a great opportunity as the Executive Director of the Coppell Family YMCA.
Coppell Family YMCA
Dallas is experiencing tremendous growth, has an economy that seems to know no bounds and offers a wide variety of activities making the area a very desirable place to live. From arts (Dallas has the largest contiguous arts district in the United States) to recreation (area lakes, community parks and the world-famous Dallas Arboretum) to sports (home to several professional and collegiate teams), Dallas offers whatever your interests may be. It's the place to live if you're looking for affordable housing, no state income tax, a thriving job market, a high quality of life, and the home of several Fortune 500 companies.
The Dallas Y is known for innovation and continuously seeks to improve what we offer members, volunteers and staff. We believe in investing in our people and are known for career development programs that challenge you to improve both personally and professionally. The Coppell Family YMCA in West Dallas serves a very diverse population and strives to be an inclusive community gathering place. Coppell attracts many young families looking for a great location to live with highly reputable schools.
Today, the Coppell Family YMCA is a 55,000 sq. ft. facility with an operating budget of $2.5M, 4,500 members and a $150,000 Annual Campaign. By providing programming unique to our communities' needs, the Coppell Family YMCA's impact proves that we encompass health and wellness in a much broader sense. The most common employment sectors for those who live in Coppell are Finance & Insurance, Healthcare and Social Assistance as well as Scientific and Tech Services. The population has grown approximately 1% per year since 2016 and currently has a population of about 45,000 with the median age of 40 years of age.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent related working experience in YMCA or a similar type organization.
- Large staff supervisory experience important. Should possess extensive management experience and be competent in membership and program development, staff selection and development, and facility operations.
- Strong skills in volunteer and community development will be critical factors for future branch growth.
- A successful background in financial development (annual campaign), recruitment and development of volunteer leadership, community involvement and strategic planning is required.
- Proven track record of budgetary and fiscal management.
- Must be able to relate well to public and YMCA members and feel comfortable making presentations to groups.
- The incumbent must have a thorough understanding regarding the day to day management of facilities and a diversified skill set to grow a variety of programs as well as continue membership growth.
- Should possess skills in managing multiple priorities, communications and member relations, motivating staff and volunteers, supervision, staff selection, training, and evaluation.
- Must have the ability to develop positive relationships with YMCA members, program participants, school district, city and the community.
- Must obtain and maintain all required trainings for this position.
- Must be a team player with a commitment to excellence.
- YMCA Multi-team leader certification desired.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the branch. This includes board/volunteer relations, the acquisition and retention of key staff members, and the successful growth and professional development of all branch staff. The incumbent will interact and build relationships with Coppell ISD, Coppell Chamber, Coppell Rotary Club, City of Coppell, churches, home owners association, civic organizations and other key leaders in the community to create meaningful partnerships to better fulfill the mission of the Y. They will continue to maintain and build programs and services to ensure membership grows and the Y has a strong presence in the community. The Executive Director will be responsible for achieving branch operating budget projections, the overall management of the facilities, as well as cleanliness and safety. They will also be responsible for the implementation of best practices at the branch level, implementation and evaluation of operating promises in all aspects of the work at the branches, and the annual marketing plan. The Executive Director will be responsible for monthly Board meetings, board development, program committees, marketing and membership committee, and the Partners Executive Committee meetings. This is a hands-on position that will include Executive duties as well as some Program responsibilities.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Values - Puts in place best practices that reflect the values of the organization. Creates an environment that reinforces trust, mutual respect, and a service orientation. Models the Y's values when dealing with individuals and organizations in the community.
- Inclusion - Promotes to others the value of diversity and the importance of being an inclusive organization. Ensures equal and fair treatment for all.
- Relationships - Collaborate with and build relationships that enhance the Y's ability to impact the community. Effectively represents department/branch/division interests while building positive, constructive relationships with others.
- Communications - Uses superior verbal and written skills to generate support for the Y's goals. Shares ideas and presents information informally in ways that positively impact others. Communicates the Y's brand to establish the organization's credibility within the community.
- Decision Making - Integrates multiple thinking processes and strategies to function effectively. Anticipate challenges and obstacles and create plan and strategies accordingly.
- Change Capacity - Manages implementation of change by understanding and addressing the impact of change on cultures, systems, and people.
Benefits: The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short-Term Disability, 125 Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 12% paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an attractive relocation package.
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until