Grad Asst: Women's Asst Soccer Coach
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Montreat College
The Graduate Assistant Women's Soccer Coach will assist in all aspects of a competitive women's soccer program and is responsible for, but not limited to: the integration of Christian faith, and the recruitment, retention and academic success of student-athletes. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in recruiting, player development, and/or with collegiate/professional playing experience. In addition to coaching, this position requires assistance in multiple aspects of team management, including budgeting, facilities management, academic support, and retention of quality student athletes. This position will be responsible to maintain compliance with all Montreat College, Appalachian Athletic Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach with recruiting efforts for the women's soccer program; recruiting student athletes for the athletic team who will represent the mission of Montreat College.
- Assist with the organization and lead practice/training sessions for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
- Plan comprehensive training plans for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
- Assist in operational procedures including scheduling, travel, budget management, and statistics.
- Attend departmental meetings upon request.
- Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures as well as NAIA and AAC regulations.
- Participate in the college and departmental activities as needed.
- Be responsible for the conduct of athletes, both on and off the playing field.
- Actively participate with all athletic fundraising programs as needed.
- Communicate the needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the head coach.
- Assist with travel and facilities management for the soccer program.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach and/or athletic director.
Please email the following materials to Head Coach:
- Full job description and application
- Professional cover letter
- Statement of Christian faith
- Resume with three references
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution is required. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with successful recruiting, athletic development, and/or collegiate playing experience. Candidates must support and affirm the College's Faith Statement and Community Life Covenant