Consumer Insights Intern-Team Sports
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that's why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference -and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking a Consumer Insights intern who will work with the Global Product Line Manager to assist with Grassroots to gather and understand consumer insights to drive sales. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Work with Marketing and Products teams to gather and understand consumer insights. Intern will be responsible for responding to customer reviews, working grassroots events and researching consumer trends.
- Lead shopalongs at local retail stores to understand the influences and motivations when consumers are shopping for a product. Ensure Wilson is engaging the consumers at every touchpoint of the buying decision.
- Develop surveys to generate marketing and product feedback. Intern will be responsible for identifying relevant questions that results in effective engagement and information
- Analyze, summarize and present insights to commercial, marketing and product teams. Deliverable will be a presentation to show the key findings of all the research.
- Identify and develop a new Team Sports product to support future business growth. Deliverable is a business plan for a recommended new product.
- Coordinate product samples for national sales team and assist the product team with line review presentations
- Travel to occasional events to fulfill marketing and product initiatives. This will entail working with tour coordinator and brand manager to ensure events have all consumer needs covered and metrics are being recorded for all events.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge of | Fan of American Football, Basketball and/or Beach Volleyball
- Able to travel 30% of internship to events, sometimes on nights and weekends, and work on-site with setup/maintenance/breakdown. Requires lifting boxes and being on your feet for long periods of time
- Extremely outgoing personality who isn't afraid to engage with consumers
- Tech savvy with comfortability working with websites on a daily basis, setting up consumer groups and auditing product assortments/pricing.
- Experience working with external partners to successfully execute grassroots marketing programs
- Pro-active self-starter who can work autonomously, without needing constant oversight and direction
- Team player who can effectively collaborate across multiple divisions, including marketing, commercial, e-commerce, creative and product.
- Proven project manager who is accountable to lead a project from start to finish
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook
What We'll Provide:
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. Our Innovation Center is located in Schiller Park, IL. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.