Social Media Platform Strategist
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
*This role has multiple openings*
Behind our marketing and communication is a force of creative experts, digital strategists and brand stewards telling stories of elite and everyday athletes, product innovation and sport moments across a range of channels from our retail stores to our service-based apps. Social media is of particular importance to our marketing mix and often a primary lever to utilize when connecting with the hearts and minds of athletes* around the world.
As the paradigm of brands on social media becomes increasingly complex, Nike Global Social Media is responsible for building and deepening the comprehension of the space for the entire organization. This is done by partnering, sourcing and disseminating a variety of industry and platform-specific information to anyone participating or influencing the end-to-end spectrum of content creation and distribution. Additionally, Nike Global Social Media is responsible for the planning, programming and publishing of all global-level channels. As such, marrying the above information with category objectives and audiences is integral to the development and output of efficient and effective briefs and brand behavior.
Overall, we're looking for someone who has a passion for and is a power user of social media. Your genuine interest and experience is a necessary prerequisite as your primary responsibility will be disseminating often nuanced facets of the respective platforms you'll be assigned. To that end, we're also looking for someone that can take complex subjects and simplify them in a way that's succinct, informative and actionable for internal recipeints with varying degrees of comprehension for the space.
Specific responsibilities of the Social Media Platform Strategist include but are not limited to:
- Within the global marketing organization, you will operate as the primary internal contact for the respective platforms you are assigned, providing guidance and recommendations during seasonal and campaign planning checkpoints.
- This involves surfacing a variety of insightful information including: product and feature updates and general intelligence (across paid media and organic uses), user behavior and trends as they relate to our consumer and, health metrics of the channels we're programming on the platforms you'll cover.
- As well, you will manage all paid social activations that originate from global working closely with our agency partner to plan, implement, execute and measure providing guidance and project management throughout each phase of the campaign.
- Lastly, you will help feed recurring, internal, social media-focused communications with key industry, platform and owned channel trends and updates.
- An affinity for sport.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related discipline.
- 3-5 yrs of relevant work experience with a focus on social media either on the brand or agency-side; ideally, in a cross-functional capacity within a heavily matrixed organization.
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms from emerging products to user trends to best practices in content creation and distribution.
- Experience managing paid social campaigns across multiple social media platforms.
- High-level thinker with strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence in communication, presentation, project management and collaboration.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly learn, adapt and be agile in a constantly evolving environment.